We showed the fresher who got stood up some of your fan mail

You’re all creeps

Earlier this week we told the story of Charli Bordell, a lovelorn fresher who was saved by the Leeds Uni Freshers’ Facebook page when she was stood up on a first date.

At the time unlucky-in-love Charli said: “The worst thing is, I was originally convinced by friends to go on the date to get over my fear of first dates.

“So if The Tab can find me someone to help me get over my first date fear then that would be fab.”

Since the article was launched, even more of our chivalrous readers have been in touch with offers to take Charli out – not to mention the 56 friend requests she’s received.

We sat down with Charli and a selection of your fan mail to see what she thought of the dating etiquette of our readership…

Letter 1, from James

Charli says: “Oh god, a skeleton from the closet! Not sure I want to open that can of worms again. After all, things stay in the past for a reason.”

Letter 2, from ‘single Lewis’

Charli says: “Oh, what a romantic. Maybe this Lewis can stop my heart from bleeding love.”

Letter 3, from ‘The Knights in Shining Armour of CSM’

Charli says: “Although the idea of going out with a massive group of miners is intimidating (shock), I do think it would it would be a good date. They’d probably have some cool ideas – after all, they’re pretty underground. Plus I have a head torch, so we’re all set.”

Letter 4, from anonymous

Charli says: “That’s perfect because water-cooler small talk is what really gets me hot under the collar. Plus if he’s Jewish then the whole family would be happy right? (Although if we’re both Jewish, why do we only have one mutual friend?)”

Letter 5, from Vinny

Charli says: “I’m unconvinced by the level of banter Vinny would provide. He’s right, Oxford isn’t local, so it’s up to him if he thinks I’m worth travelling the distance.”

Letter 6, from anonymous

Charli says: “Although my life appears to be some sort of joke, the article is actually not. A name would be helpful – I’ve already been exposed as the girl whose been stood up so what have you got to loose?”

BONUS ROUND: Text, from Harry

Charli says: “Thank you! Why don’t we arrange a date and then hopefully you won’t…”

Second time lucky, right?