Trial begins after man dies at all night Hyde Park house party

It happened on Ash Grove

The trial of a 21-year-old man from Leeds is currently underway after the death of a man at an all-night student house party.

Mwila Chitalu, 30, was killed after a single punch allegedly thrown by Daanish Hussain knocked him unconscious following a fight at the house party at Ash Grove, Hyde Park.

The incident took place on Ash Grove

Leeds Crown Court heard how Hussain dragged Chitalu across the road and then alleged to have kicked him once before being stopped by others. He has also been described as being “blind with fury” and showing extremely aggressive behaviour.

The incident is said to have happened in the early hours of November 3rd 2013 at an all night house party attended by around 100 students.

Eight students shared the house in Ash Grove, and a number of people were at the party they hosted without an invite. It is believed Mr Chitalu did not have an invite to the party and was upsetting other party attendees.

After being asked to leave the property Mr Chitalu refused, provoking a confrontation between Hussain and Chitalu outside the house in Hyde Park at approximately 8:30am.

A number of people watched the dispute outside the property.

Hussain is currently pleading not guilty to the charge of manslaughter.

The case continues.