Chestnut Avenue is the most dangerous road to live on in Hyde Park

Hessle View and Norwood Road are the safest

If you’re looking for a house for next year, you might want to avoid Chestnut Avenue.

New UK police statistics confirm that the street was the site of 118 crimes in a 10 month window – which is more than Hyde Park Road, Cardigan Road, Woodhouse Lane and Brudenell Road combined.

Be very afraid

The popular road, which runs between Victoria Road and the Hyde Park Picture House, averaged 21.45 crimes per month – over 10 more than closest competitor Kensington Terrace.

The results were taken between September 2013 and June 2014, with over 50 crimes reported on the road in April and May alone.

The third and fourth most dangerous roads were Otley Road and Norwood Terrace, with an average of 6.5 and 5.6 crimes per month respectively.

French student Naomi Bass, who used to live on the road, said: “There’s certainly a layer of broken glass covering most of the street”.

“I don’t know if it’s more dangerous than other roads in Hyde Park though.”

If you live here, you’re safe

Hessle View and Norwood Road were the safest, with not a single crime reported on either of them.

Hessle resident Ellie Clark said: “No-one’s safe in the depths of Hyde Park.”

“But Hessle View has provided us with plenty of protection in form of an iron grate and 8 locks.”