The best places in Leeds for a date on Valentines

Brace yourselves, Valentines Day is coming

You can complain about it all you like, but you can’t slow down the arrival of Valentine’s Day.

Even if she says she doesn’t want to do something, she probably does, and we’re here to help

We can’t do anything about your poor chat, but we can help you find the right environment in which to win over the girl/boy of your dreams.

The Alchemist

If you’re looking to impress your date, then look no further. The Alchemist is the perfect place to enjoy some unique food whilst sipping away at an experimental cocktail.

Alchemy is an ancient practice with emphasis on trying to find the elixir of life. Maybe tonight you’ll discover the elixir of love.

Will I have money for a taxi home? No. A few £8 cocktails each and you’ll soon find yourself in your overdraft.

Chance of getting a second date: 9/10

The Botanist

Nothing is more romantic than a garden shed, everyone knows that. The Botanist is a venue that screams, “I like to go to nice places and spend lots of money”.

This location is guaranteed to help sow the seed of romance, and earn you a late night (pitch) fork.

Will I have money for a taxi home? No.

Chance of getting a second date: 8/10. Unless your date is a vegetarian, in which case you’re fucked.

Kendell’s Bistro

They say that ‘Bistro’ is the French for love. Oh, it’s not? Well, maybe it should be, because that’s what is going to happen if you take your date here on Valentine’s. Kendell’s Bistro captures the true essence of France, and maybe if you’re lucky you’ll get to kiss like the French afterwards.

Will I have money for a taxi home? Absolument Pas.

Chance of getting a second date: Assez bien, 8/10.

Hotel Chocolat

Chocolate is sexy. Fact. They’ve even got a special Valentine’s Day Menu which is bound to make your date melt. If you haven’t been here before, think Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.

Will I have money for a taxi home? No. You might even have to pawn off some of your clothes to pay for dessert.

Chance of getting a second date: 8/10 (unless your date doesn’t like chocolate, in which case it’s 1/10 but you wouldn’t really want to date them anyway)

Zulfis

Officially voted the Best Takeaway in Leeds 2014 by students, Zulfi’s is a safe bet for a lover on a budget. It’s difficult not to fall in love over a Chicken Tikka Naan, and what students can only describe as ‘the best kebab in Hyde Park’.

Will I have money for a taxi home? Yes. But it’s in Hyde Park, so you can probably walk back – don’t be lazy.

Chance of getting a second date: 3/10.

Abu Bakr Supermarket

Now here’s a curveball. Who would expect you to take them on a date to a supermarket? No-one, that’s who. This simple fact makes Abu-Bakr an attractive destination for the spontaneous, broke and quirky.

Filled with affordable groceries and international ingredients not found in the larger supermarkets, you can even do a quick food shop afterwards.

Will I have money for a taxi home? Definitely yes.

Chance of getting a second date: 1/10. It’s a supermarket for fucks sake, don’t be stupid.

The Refectory

If you’re a fresher in Charles Morris, or any other lower quality catered university halls, and fancy playing it safe in a comfortable environment, the Refectory could be the love chamber for you.

Maybe even invite an outsider and borrow your mates refec card? The possibilities are endless.

Will I have money for a taxi home? Yes, if you live in catered halls you can pay using your refectory card, making this date completely free.

Chance of getting a second date: 3/10. Unfortunately your date will clearly see through the lack of effort and forethought.