SHOCKER: Halo announces it is ‘closed forever’

This time, it’s for good

In a shock move that will surprise many Leeds revellers, Halo is set to close its doors for good.

Andy More, the former Business Development Manager at Tokyo Industries (who own Halo) said: “Halo is closed forever now, sadly it just can’t compete with the rest of our competition so we’ve moved Quids In to PRYZM and sold the Facebook page to Control.”

The venue has been popular among students since it first opened, not least because of its unique position inside an 18th century grade II listed church.

This is not the first time Halo has shut its doors, after it closed down last year during alleged planning permission disputes.

The club reopened after a refurbishment in September, albeit with part of the venue portioned off to make way for Get Baked’s new restaurant The Joint.

Halo also courted controversy last year in the wake of the Tequila scandal, in which it briefly stepped in and offered to host the infamous club night.

Halo’s Facebook page currently promises fans that a “big announcement” will come at 5pm today.

More news to follow.