Union provide free breakfast for stressed students

It’s excellent value for money

LUU are offering a free breakfast for all students during the exam season.

The free food, a choice of either porridge at the Hidden Cafe or a bacon, sausage or veggie sandwich at Terrace is available between 8-9am until January 23rd.

The random act of kindness from the union has been prompted by increasing stress levels among students during the period around revision and exams.

The Union say they aim to provide students with a ‘full & happy stomach’ to face exams and has received a mixed response from starved and stressed Leeds students.

Nice buns

History third year and gourmet foodie David Cowlishaw was very disappointed with his personal experience.

He said: “While I am grateful to the Union for what is a really nice idea, my experience with their sausage sandwich did not impress.

“I’m hardly expecting five star quality but the lack of brown sauce is simply unforgivable.

“Having a sandwich with such a poor meat:bread ratio would definitely ruin my mood going into an exam.”

Medic Matthew Green said: “Now I’m glad I’m paying £9,000 a year, it’s nice to know where our money is going, I mean, I don’t even have any exams but this makes it all worthwhile.”

Many other students have expressed gratitude towards the University Union for their unnecessary kindness during a stressful few weeks.