LUU to get multi-million pound investment

You probably won’t be here when it’s finished

LUU is planning a multi-million pound refurbishment of facilities starting in summer 2015.

It’s part of the their ominously-named “2014-2018 strategic plan”, which aims to improve several areas of the union.

Swish

The development will include a new and improved south entrance to the Union building and make Hidden Café even bigger.

The Riley Smith Hall will get a new design, with improved lighting and retractable seats. Mine and Pulse will be redesigned to be used as cafés during the day.

LUU say they’re promising to keep disruption down to a minimum whilst they get to work next year.

The full plans will be released early in 2015. Current Leeds students have have had a mixed reception to the Union’s plans.

Third-year English student Bob Palmer said: “I’d rather the union just spent this money on opening Fruity every night of the week.”

Meanwhile History student Alex Clifford said: “I’m delighted about what this could mean for my university experience. More building work is exactly what campus needs.”

LUU’s case for the refurbishment goes to the University for approval in January.