Uni student beats the competition to win Miss Leeds

Leeds University student wins local crown and will compete in Miss England this June

A Leeds University Art and Design Student fought off competition from 21 other girls to be crowned Miss Leeds 2014.

The finals, held at Baracoa Luxe Bar saw Molly Wragg finish victorious in a seven-round beauty pageant, with other Leeds Uni students finishing second and third. Molly was automatically placed in the top ten after raising over £1,000 in the charity round, and performed well enough across the six others, which included evening wear and popularity, to take the title and snazzy sash.

One of the girls she beat to the crown, 19-year-old Lucy Morgan, had recovered from suffering 25 per cent burns to her face and body in a freak camp-fire explosion back in March.

19-year-old Lucy Morgan didn’t win but had made an astonishing recovery from her accident

Many will find it unsurprising that a Leeds Uni student took the crown, considering Cosmopolitan magazine last year named Leeds University top of its list for uni totty.