Leeds student left to die after drugs cocktail

Dentistry student’s post-exam celebrations end in tragedy.


A dentistry student was abandoned by friends to die after a drugs overdose, an inquest has heard. 

The 24-year old was left by bins after she started having trouble breathing on a night out in Harrogate last April.

She was found dead on the morning of April 10th, having taken a cocktail of heroin and ketamine.

harrogate (1)

The inquest heard how the Kuwait-born Miss Khesroh stood a chance of survival had an ambulance been called sooner.

Detective Sergeant Steve Menzies said: “There was a further hour-and-a-half delay before an ambulance was called.”

He added: “This is a very sad case in which a celebration turned into a tragedy. Mariam was about to embark on a career in dentistry. Unfortunately having just passed her final exams she was never aware that she had her passed her degree.”

Miss Khesroh’s family later collected her degree on her behalf at a ceremony at Leeds University.

Geoff Fell, assistant coroner for North Yorkshire, recorded a verdict of misadventure and has called on people not to be deterred from phoning the emergency services when someone becomes ill after taking drugs.

No-one faced criminal charges in connection with her death.