Police appeal for help after student goes missing

Student missing for five days after a night out in York

Police are appealing for help to trace a student who hasn’t been seen for four days.

Megan Roberts, 20, a student at York St John University, was reported missing by her mother on Monday after a friend raised concerns having not heard from her following a night out in York city centre.

Megan, originally from Wetherby, has not been seen since around 2am last Thursday in Popworld in York, having gone out for the evening with friends.

Megan is described as around 5ft 6in tall, of medium build with long dark brown hair. When she was last seen she was wearing a cream knee length dress which had large brown and orange flowers on it and black plimsoll type shoes.

Police are appealing for anyone who has seen Megan since the early hours of Thursday morning or knows where she is now, to contact them urgently.

They are also appealing to Megan herself to contact her friends, family or the police to let them know she is safe.

Anyone with any information is asked to contact North Yorkshire Police on 101, select option 1 and pass information to the Force Control Room.