Leeds RAG drop Tequila as Safer Sex Circus sponsor

Club night kicked off the bill due to rape joke video

Leeds RAG have dropped Tequila as the sponsor of their Safer Sex Circus after their controversial video in which students joked about raping Freshers.

The charity event was set to pair Tequila’s infamous body shot bar with belly dancers, fire breathers and bouncy castles.

However the circus will still take place at Warehouse on the 15th October.

Love me tinder … Fire breathers will still be performing at the Safer Sex Circus

A spokesperson for Leeds RAG said:  “Unfortunately, due to the events of this week Leeds RAG will no longer be collaborating with Tequila on Tuesday’s Safer Sex Circus. We feel the footage released on Monday night was irreconcilable with the message of safer sex and the ethos of Leeds RAG.”

“Nevertheless the event is still set to be incredible with fire breathers, bouncy castles, ice cream vans, dancers and more.”

Dropped … The former poster with Tequila as sponsor

RAG Events Manager Fiona Metcalfe told The Tab: “We have been working hard to renovate the RAG calendar, channeling our efforts into fewer but more high profile events.”

“The Safer Sex Circus will be our first test and it’s set to be an incredible night with lots of exciting entertainment and attractions to appeal to the Leeds Students. We are so excited for this event!”

You can get tickets here.