Leeds gets unlucky

Leeds is ranked the second most promiscuous uni in the UK by controversial website

Let’s face it, hard-partying students are hardly concerned about the age-old rivalry between England and Scotland.

But for those who study at Leeds, it’s got personal.

Students at St Andrews have beaten us to the top spot for most promiscuous university, according to recent statistics posted by the site ShagAtUni.com.

Dubbed “the naughtiest student hook-up site”, ShagAtUni.com claims students in St Andrews are raunchier than their Leeds counterparts with students looking for sex on average 9.8 times a month compared to 9.2 times a month for Leeds.

Royally romping … Wills and Kate attended sex-crazed St Andrews

Creator of the site Tom Thurlow suggests St Andrews’ status as most promiscuous university is the result of a “work hard, play harder” attitude.

But perhaps it’s a case of quantity over quality because it’s a well-known fact that Leeds has the hottest student population going.

However the site’s dubious sign up process, which doesn’t actually ask you what university you’re at, casts considerable doubt over the published statistics.

Sausage on the menu… the potential reality of an evening organised by ShagAtUni.com

Have you ever used ShagAtUni.com? Let us know!