Leeds are leaders of lash

North beats south for uni nightlife

Your friends have been admitting it for a while, but now it’s official: we are one of the top party unis in the UK.

Which? University scored Leeds 88% for diverse nightlife in a survey of over 16,000 students around the country.

We were only ranked below Newcastle, Manchester and Liverpool, proving the north beats the south for uni lash.

A first year Physical Science student said: “There is literally something for everyone, and there’s not one night of the week when there isn’t much going on. You can go to clubs, bars, karaoke, bowling, cinema, restaurants, shows, gigs, talks, and so so much more.”

They’re not the only one who loves the nightlife – Harry Styles partied like a Leeds student in halls last year.

But one 2nd year Astrophysics student disagreed with the result: “The Union rock and goth night is only once a month which is quite disappointing.”

Our Union was also top in the country for providing a wide variety of student activities, getting a rating of 89%.

Leeds also scored highly for being sporty at 75% and got a political grade of 65%.