Preview: Live at Leeds

Indie melting-pot of the north returns to Leeds and we find out who’s playing and gracing our stages

leeds2

It’s that time of year again… REVISION… DISSERTATION… REVISION… FINALS… REVISION… ESSAYS… REVISION. But for some who just can’t pass a month without a festival, revision isn’t on the cards this weekend.

Die hard indie fans (and the sorts who love Cockpit and Old Bar) are already aware, but for all you others this saturday the union and the rest of town is to be overtaken for 2013’s Live at Leeds festival.

2012 welcomed those from Jessie Ware and Spector to The Subways and You Me At Six. The festival is a great way for bands to break through. This time last year Jessie Ware was good- now she’s bloody brilliant.

Alunageorge

But who are we excited for this year?

• Rudimental- drum and base quartet and we all know Feel the Love and Not Giving In
  • Alunageorge- shortlisted for 2013 Brit Critics Choice award, White noise with Disclosure
  • Darwin Deez- don’t we all just LOVE Radar Detector
  • Yadi- The Blow, “She is one of 2012’s most exciting and interesting new female singers” according to reviews, what will happen with the rest of 2013…
  • Indians- one man on his own who just makes a really nice noise Magic Kids

Everthing Everything

And who will be dominating our beloved union?

• Everything Everything
  • The Neighbourhood
  • Dinasour Pile Up
  • The Walkmen
  • Deep Sea Arcade
  • Sky Larkin

Excited much? We are. Check twitter trend #LAL2013 throughout the day for updates and which stage you should be heading to.