Perv hacker avoids jail

A Leeds student who hacked a woman’s email account, stole her naked photos and posted them on her Facebook has been spared jail.

20 year-old William Wooles hacked a Manchester student’s email account and found intimate photos meant for her boyfriend.

He then contacted the woman through Facebook and attempted to blackmail her into sending him more naked photos.

‘Disgusting betrayal’ – Hacker William Wooles

Due to Facebook’s privacy settings, the sordid messages found their way into the woman’s spam folder where they remained unread.

The frustrated hacker went onto her Facebook account and posted the naked pictures to her 1000 friends.

Police traced the IP address to Leeds, where Wooles was arrested in Halls.

The student received a 2 year suspended sentence and 150 hours of community service. He was also given a restraining order and had to hand in his laptop to be destroyed.

Det. Con Ian Wrench said the offences were “a disgusting betrayal of a girls’ most private intimate moments”.

He added: “What this case does highlight is the need for careful consideration of online passwords.”