Oscars 2013: The Best & The Worst Dressed

The highlights of the best & worst red carpet looks from last night’s 85th Academy Awards.

celebrity fashion Oscars

Every year amongst the midst of Fashion Week comes the infamous Oscars, jammed packed full of Haute Couture, one off designs and impeccable vintage pieces. As per usual all the men are looking deliciously dapper in their tuxedo’s but its not the men were interested in, is it now?! Every woman hitting that red carpet has had their stylist working on that “flawless” look for weeks, so then why is it that some many celebs just get it so horribly wrong?

Here are some of the best and worst from last nights Oscars.

Amy Adams was a wonder in white in her Oscar de la Renta ruffled gown. Despite needing a team of people to constantly adjust her train, this look was pure princess perfection.

It its certainly safe to say that Jennifer Laurence absolutely stole the show in this Haute Couture Dior gown, and despite ever so gracefully tripping up the stairs due to a ‘wardrobe malfunction’ on collection of her Oscar for Best Actress in Silver Linings Playbook, it is safe to say that she still looked absolutely divine.

Of course we cannot forget to mention the smoulderingly handsome Eddie Redmayne in head to toe  Alexander McQueen (spot those embroidered skull slippers *swoon*).

Now, what on earth was Helena Bonham Carter thinking when she put on this two tone number? No Helena we said to come as yourself not Bellatrix Lestrange.

I think we are all in agreement that Anne Hathaway is an absolute classic beauty, perfectly plump lips, killer bone structure, rosy cheeks, the works. But even with a body that perfect, it is still necessary to wear a bra. We’re unsure whether it was a particularity cold night or if Anne just had the hots for host Seth MacFarlane, but she sure was rather nippy.

Speaking of nipples, Jacki Weaver appeared to have none in her nude and red mermaid-esque gown last night. I don’t know what it is about nude Lycra, but it sure doesn’t do Jacki any favours.

When your as good looking as Liev Schreiber it is only fair to go out with someone as gorgeous as you, and Naomi Watts certainly fit that description looking absolute stunning in her disco ball inspired gown by Armani Privé .

As always the 85th annual Oscars were an amazing success with all most of the celebs looking as classy as ever.

Stay stylish people.

Photos: The Guardian