Fresh Meat Coming to Uni

Fresh Meat stars to come to uni to give comedy-based talk

Jack Whitehall and the rest of the Fresh Meat cast are taking over your lectures.

The stars of Channel 4’s Fresh Meat will be performing a series of comedy sketches in the Conference Auditorium for Comic Relief on Friday 1st March.

The four cast members will be on campus from 1-2pm as part of a nationwide challenge being filmed by the BBC.

Jack Whitehall said, ‘It’s going to be great travelling to all the different universities I didn’t get into when I applied through UCAS!’

‘Some of the best parts about being a student are the ridiculous things you end up doing. Come and join us at Leeds Uni and help an amazing cause at the same time.’

The cast will visit seven of the UK’s top universities on their ‘banter bus’, doing a different challenge at each location to raise money for charity.

RAG is offering students the opportunity to get involved in the comedy lecture. You can bid £2 to become a teaching assistant or £1 to ask a question. Winners will be randomly selected and will be announced on Thursday 28th February at the RAG stall outside Essentials.

Last year over 10 million people tuned in to BBC 1 to watch Comic Relief.

RAG President Laura Platt said ‘We were incredibly excited when Comic Relief approached Leeds RAG to get involved in this one-off event. With only 550 tickets available, make sure you don’t miss out on the chance to see Fresh Meat and support Comic Relief.’

Tickets for the special lecture are £8 and are available from Leedstickets.com. All proceeds go to charity.