BNOC Of The Year: Group Two

Welcome to round two of Leeds’s favourite popularity contest.

Update: voting has now closed with Jack Bell dominating this round to meet James Munro and the winners of groups three and four in our final.

Last weekThe Tab released names one to five and 751 of you voted to help decide who’s the biggest name on campus.

Rugby club secretary James Munro swept to victory with a commanding 40% of the vote and has secured his place in the final round. Second was Snowrider supremo John Wayte with 20% and Rosie Adkins claimed bronze on 15%.

However, that’s all in the past and we now have candidates six-through-ten ready for your judgement. If you’re a little unsure on the criteria, refresh yourself here.

Florence Huntington-Whiteley

Her sister may be famous, but Flo has built herself a name of her own at Leeds. As a Jack Wills Seasonnaire and Snowrider, all with her own LSR show and an impressive 2,700+ followers on twitter – only time will tell if she can become the first poster girl for uni’s most covetable campaign yet.

Antony Haddley

Because any list that didn’t feature the de facto face of our Union would be a joke. Ant’s in charge of making sure the Union works the way we want it to and over 4,000 students backed his ability to do so. Spent his first three years studying music and taking an active role in RAG, Antony made the classic ‘RAG-to-Sabb’ political move and now gets paid to be here. Last week he fixed it for us to get £2 pints in the Union bars, but will that help him in arguably his toughest election yet?

Jack Bell

Not only is Jack captain of the Rugby club, but his name stretches so far outside of Leeds that Chris Robshaw’s also hinted at letting him drink out of the Calcutta Cup. Never one to take himself too seriously, Jack also infamously submitted four blank canvasses for his Art coursework, titled them ‘Polar Bear Lost In a Blizzard’ and managed to get away with it. Likes include balaclavas, rhyming couplets and faking deaths. Dislikes include beeping fridges, bubbles and Luke Narraway.

Bertie Berger

The new face of the Tequila, Bertie has proved himself so loyal to the night that he even had a “T” waxed into his chest. Chances are he’s filmed you on the bar covered in whipped cream or interviewed you at your lowest after sinking another shot. Either way as the host of weekly videos that average over 1000 hits a week, Bertie’s face has become one of the most recognised on campus.

Richard Whalley

If you’re a regular at Mission Thursdays or The Edge on any day of the week then you probably know Whalley. Outside of the Rough Hill and Gym scene he and his fake tan can usually be spotted in the heart of Edward Boyle complemented by matching vest and protein shaker, though sometimes he foregoes these and just sticks to dodgy earrings. Also heralded as Leeds’s version of Salinger due to his ability to capture the collective campus’s thought in instructional Tab articles such as How To Be Awesome In The Library.

For the next five nominees for BNOC of the Year, visit The Tab next Monday.