Leeds Goes Crazy For Party Drugs

It seems like our party lifestyle has finally got the recognition is deserves… on BBC Three! A recent documentary explored the popularity of party drugs in the city of Leeds. […]

It seems like our party lifestyle has finally got the recognition is deserves… on BBC Three!

A recent documentary explored the popularity of party drugs in the city of Leeds.

The effects of MDMA, mephedrone, GHB and ketamine are put under the spotlight as the programme follows a typical weekend for fashion graduate Holly and dropout Tony.

The documentary also contains an interview with self-proclaimed drug expert Arthur, a fresher at an undisclosed university in Leeds. He gave the knowledgeable insight that ‘ecstasy is a bit like having a really nice cup of tea in the morning’.

Some of the characters eventually arrive at a party in Hyde Park to get their fix.

The BBC provides an accurate picture of student housing conditions

James, a second year politics student told The Tab, ‘The documentary showed party drugs pretty negatively, but they are a part of what makes a night out in Leeds great.’

Love it or hate it, it seems the party will continue.

You can watch the documentary here