Tab Essential: 3rd-10th

Monday 3 December Halo; Quids in! Gold Teeth, Hifi; hip hop, gangsta, house, soul, garage.. you name it! But even more exciting, this time round it’s CHRISTMAS SPECIAL!     […]

Monday 3 December

Halo; Quids in!

Gold Teeth, Hifi; hip hop, gangsta, house, soul, garage.. you name it! But even more exciting, this time round it’s CHRISTMAS SPECIAL!

Tuesday 4 December

Quidditch Practice, Raven Theatre; join the muggle quidditch team! It’s still not too late, or maybe you’ll even discover you’re not a muggle after all. Beginner and advanced all welcome!

Wednesday 5 December

CAS Christmas Party, Full Circle Warehouse; complimentary mulled wine, snow cones, Christmas films and DJ’s bashing out the best xmas anthems all night.

Latent Mutant Comedy, Pulse; last event of the term, don’t miss the best of the unions comics. Jon Newell, Edy Hurst, Robin Parmiter, Jed Salisbury, Fern Brady

Robin in da Hood, Riley Smith; Panto time!!!! Opening night. This time it’s Robin and his drunken brawl of merry men as they try to defeat the Sheriff of Nottingham.

Move on Up, Hifi, north’s longest running weekly soul night!

Feedback, The Wire; Deep house and future garage

Into the Dark, Stage@Leeds; an extraordinary experience put together by final year undergraduates. Takes you through to the afterlife! Opening night, not to be missed

Jeru de Damaja, Beat Bar; ruling the waves of hip-hop since 1994 with five top albums!

Thursday 6 December

Music pub quize and Strange Parade club night, Pulse; Come and celebrate the end of semester one and the beginning of the festive season with the UML.

Into the Dark, Stage@Leeds; Second night, not to be missed

Robin in da Hood, Riley Smith; second night of the Pantomime Society’s performance

Fuzzy Logic, The Wire; Exactly what you would expect from a mid-week Indie night at Wire. Music to dance your little heart out to. Expect to hear Hot Chip, Best Coast, Talking Heads and the like.

Top Gun, LUU, expect a night of power ballads and leather!

Tequila, Mezz club, will you be caught on this weeks video?

Catacomb, Hifi; techno, house, hip hop, funk n soul, drinks £2

Friday 7 December
Fruity Glacier Grotto; time to celebrate how cold it is! woooo

Robin in da Hood, Riley Smith

Into the Dark, Stage@Leeds

We Are Poets, Hyde Park Picture House; Innovative one-of-a-kind documentary following the journey of six young poets from Leeds, with an exclusive Q&A session after. Free to attend, so what have you got to lose!

Saturday 8 December

Robin in da Hood, Riley Smith

Into the Dark, Stage@Leeds; final night of this extraordinary performance!

Saturday Comedy Sessions, Hifi; three comedians- Andre Vincent, Carl Donnely, Dave Twentyman (followed by Boogaloo– blues, boogalo, ska and soul)

Big Miracle, Hyde Park Picture House; perhaps not the best title for this film; Big Mistake might work better (or maybe Big Waste of Fucking Time). This schmaltzy ‘true story’ of some whales trapped beneath arctic ice touches the gag reflex more than it pulls on the heart-strings, but hey, if you’re into that kind of thing, we won’t judge!

Sunday 9 December