Lancaster Grand to show Disney’s The Little Mermaid this November

The Grand is a popular student spot and is Lancaster’s most iconic theatre

Lancaster Red Rose Amateur Dramatic Operatic Society will be bringing Disney’s The Little Mermaid to Lancaster.

The show is based off the 1989 Disney classic, and is described by The Lancaster Guardian as “a hauntingly beautiful love story for all ages”.

Performances of the show will take place from November 8th to November 12th at 7.15pm, as well a a 2.15pm Matinee on the 12th.

The Little Mermaid follows the story of mermaid princess, Ariel, who gives up her voice for love. Lancaster Red Rose AODS’ performance will showcase music by Alan Menken, lyrics by Howard Ashkam and Glenn Slater, and a story by Doug Wright.

The show will be directed and co-choreographed by experienced Red Rose director Vanessa Whittle, who is working alongside musical director Joanna Jeffreys, and joint choreographer, Shannon Whittle.

Many of the cast are taking on a variety of roles throughout the performances, and promise to “show off their singing and dancing skills”. There are also two separate ensemble casts who will be performing on different nights. More information regarding casting can be found on the society’s FaceBook.

For those interested in attending the performances, tickets are priced at £18 for adults, and £14 for children., available for purchase here.

Featured image credit: Disney+ and Lancaster Red Rose AODS FaceBook

Related articles recommended by this writer: