‘Do we want Lancaster to be a s***hole?’: Politician says after attacks on Vibe nightclub

Charlie Edwards, a Morecambe South county councillor, posted his support in a now-deleted Facebook post

Morecambe South county councillor Charlie Edwards has given his public support to the reopening of Vibe Lancaster.

The councillor is the Cabinet Member for Highways and Transport.

In a now-deleted Facebook post, he said: “I know the Dalton Rooms and the awful incident made a lot of people angry.

“But Vibe is the future: there are new owners, trying to do a good thing here, to create a new nightclub in Lancaster – a city which desperately needs better places to go! Ram raiding a nightclub because of actions of the previous owners?”

Edwards went on to question what all of the new Freshers who have just started at the two universities based in Lancaster must think of the town and of the locals.

He finished: “Do we want Lancaster to be a shithole with no nightlife, no fun, no music, no jobs for people? Or do we want good people to succeed?”

Vibe underwent multiple attacks in the week preceding its planned opening, which was ultimately postponed due to the aforementioned events. This followed separate incidents where cars crashed into the entrance of the club on the 19th and 22nd of October, as well as vandalism of windows to the back of the nightclub on the 21st of October.

A man has since been arrested on vandalism changes, and Vibe is holding its grand opening event tomorrow.

Vibe nightclub has since said in a statement on their Instagram: “We are delighted to announce we will be opening this weekend! Vibe is a brand new company with new Owners, new General Manager and new Door Supervisors!

“We are proud to put people over profit and firmly believe safety is our number one priority. We’re so excited to bring the best nightclub experience possible to Lancaster!”

Charlie Edwards declined to comment.

Related articles recommended by this writer: