Lancaster University ranks 26th for sustainability in new worldwide league table

The QS World University Rankings also places Lancaster seventh in the UK for sustainability

Lancaster University has ranked 26th in the QS World University Rankings: Sustainability 2023.

The rankings feature 700 universities, and “uses a methodology comprised of indicators designed to measure an institution’s ability to tackle the world’s greatest environmental, social and governance (ESG) challenges”, according to the QS World University Rankings website.

Lancaster ranked 40th for environmental impact and 75th for social impact, having been placed joint 26th for overall sustainability alongside Stanford University in the US.

Alongside the rankings, the university has been awarded five stars in the QS rating system.

Lancaster University had previously announced its goal of becoming “carbon net-zero for carbon emissions from electricity and heating by 2030 and net-zero from all other emissions by 2035”, and has promised to improve its “environmental performance through the establishment of environmental objectives, targets and Key Performance Indicators” in the university’s Environmental Sustainability Strategy, which can be found on the university website.

To view the rankings, visit QS World University Rankings: Sustainability 2023

Related articles recommended by this writer: