Autumn is coming so here are the best aesthetic photo spots in Lancs

Your Instagram feed will be sorted x

It’s officially cosy season in Lancs. Woolly jumpers are coming out of wardrobes, there are scarves being spotted on campus, and the trees are turning all sorts of colours. One of the best things about this city is that it has an incredibly solid autumnal aesthetic. The stone buildings, the trees, the perpetual rain, it’s Instagrammable to the extreme and makes first term one of the best times of the year.

If you’re a photography fiend or just looking for somewhere nice for a walk when the weather is nicer, we’ve compiled a list of the best aesthetic photo spots in Lancaster for all of your autumn photos. Let the Instagrams and BeReals commence!

The Castle

It’s almost impossible to miss, no matter where you are in Lancaster, and it’s so pretty! In autumn, the brown stone with the orange and reds of the trees combine to make the view up the (admittedly very long) hill soooo pretty. The Castle is also a great spot for a solo or mates’ photoshoot.

Williamson Park

This is one of the first places anyone thinks about in Lancaster, mainly because the Ashton Memorial is visible from the motorway. There are butterflies, there’s woodland, there’s a miniature zoo. What more could you ask for? With some of the best views in Lancaster and an incredible backdrop that was used in Peaky Blinders, this is an aesthetic photo spot worthy of Instagram.

The Herbarium

The signs, the music, the food: it’s a Lancaster dream. If you haven’t been to this vegan cafe yet (Freshers, I’m looking at you), it is heaven in the form of food and decor. Instagrammable in every single way, it’s cosy and has one of the best hot chocolates you’ll find in the city.

The Canal

A less known one, the canal stretches for over forty miles through the countryside and, at this time of year, features a plethora of wildlife including ducks, swans and moorhens. It is also lined with colourful trees and is easily accessible from near Aldi or Dalton Square.

Brew

Brew does incredible coffees, cakes and has one of the nicest aesthetics in Lancaster. It might be small, but it has a reputation for amazing brunches and some of the best sweet treats around. If you’re looking for aesthetic photos, this is definitely a place to try.

The Woodland Walk

If you have a study break and are on campus, the Woodland Walk loops around campus and is absolutely worth an explore. It’s a lovely place for a wander, as you can go all the way around or hop on and off, and has such a gorgeous variety of colours at this time of year that it deserves a spot on your Instagram feed.

Lancaster Priory

Tucked away next to Lancaster Castle is the Priory, a church which hosts some spectacular views all the way down to Morecambe. When the sun is out, the blue sky makes the view properly beautiful, and it’s worthy of a photoshoot with or without people in!

Related articles recommended by this writer: