Vibe nightclub announces grand opening

The club will be opening its doors on the 22nd of October

Vibe Lancaster has announced its opening date as the 22nd of October, with Dick and Dom scheduled to headline the event.

The nightclub took to Instagram today to announce the date of its opening and let followers know that tickets and booths could be booked online.

The nightclub, formally known as Glow, has reopened as Vibe after being shut for four months following the death of 22-year-old Joshua Hughes, who died following an assault outside of the club.

Vibe has prioritised reopening as a secure club that visitors can feel safe in. Tim Barbary, one of the three new owners of the club, said in a statement on his Facebook page: “Our aim as local businessmen is to provide a fun, secure and safe environment for students and young people alike. We will be making changes to how the club was run previously and we will do our utmost to make it a safe venue.”

First posting to Instagram on the 26th of September, Vibe has been keen to find out what its followers would like from the club. They asked followers what genres of music they would like to hear in Vibe and have advertised themselves in their Instagram bio as the “brand new ultimate night out experience is coming soon to Lancaster”.

The Lancaster Tab is looking for new writers for the upcoming academic year! You can find everything you need to know here! We hope to see you at our open meeting on October 11th, 7pm, at County Bar.

Related articles recommended by this writer: