University Mental Health Day event announced

The event will take place at the Chaplaincy Centre Thursday 3rd March

Lancaster University has announced an event for University Mental Health Day at the Chaplaincy Centre on Thursday 3rd March from 11 am to 3 pm.

The event is being hosted in collaboration with the Chaplaincy Centre and College Wellbeing Officers.

It is open to staff and students, with free food and drinks available and wellbeing and craft activities and mindfulness and breathing exercises.

Additionally, there will be access to resources to provide wellbeing help and advice.

University Mental Health Day is a national day to support students’ mental health. It aims to “bring together the university community to make mental health a university-wide priority and create ongoing year-round change to the future of student mental health.”

UMHD believe that “no student should ever feel alone with their mental health” and “will continue fighting to inspire conversations, take action and create change. Now more than ever, it’s important to get the nation talking about student mental health.”

This event follows the announcement of Lancaster University’s new online wellbeing tool, POWR, which was unveiled last week.

Additionally, it also comes on the back of the University’s ‘new suicide prevention strategy’, which was brought out last month.

For more info on the university’s mental health and counselling service can be found here.

Samaritans can also be contacted by people who feel they need help here.

Related articles recommended by this writer

Introducing POWR: Lancaster University launches new wellbeing tool

Lancaster University publishes ‘new suicide prevention strategy’

I asked my friends how they cope with their mental health