Arrest made in connection with Ryland Park sexual assault

‘An 18-year-old man from Lancaster has been arrested on suspicion of rape’

Trigger warning: This article discuses sexual assault. 

Earlier today, the Sugarhouse was working with the Lancaster Police to identify a man who may have been connected with a sexual assault incidence in which an arrest has now been made.

The assault occurred in Rylands Park yesterday, Thursday 10th February, against a woman in her 20s at 5:15 am.

Following further enquires, the Lancaster Constabulary have released a statement to confirm that an arrest has been made of “an 18-year-old man from Lancaster”.

DCI Lee Wilson, of West Division, said in his statement: “Although we have now made an arrest our enquiries are very much ongoing. I would ask anybody with information which could insist our investigation to contact the police as soon as possible.

“Now we have made an arrest, legal proceedings are active and I would ask that people refrain from speculating on the identity of the individual in custody.

“I know the public will be concerned by news of this incident and I would like to reassure them that we have increased police patrols in the area as a precaution. The victim in this case continues to be supported by trained officers.”

Anyone with information can contact police on 101 or email [email protected] quoting log 0188 of February 10th, 2022.

Related articles recommended by this writer: