Lancaster University 2021 graduation ceremonies rescheduled for July

The summer ceremonies have been scheduled for the 18th-29th July 2022

Lancaster University has “provisionally scheduled” summer graduation ceremonies for between July 18th and 29th 2022.

The university emailed students who graduated in 2021 asking them to inform the university of their intentions to attend via a survey ahead of this year’s graduation ceremonies.

The recent email also notifies graduates that the university “hope to be back in touch” to provide more information about the rescheduled ceremonies, as well as provide a timetable, “within the next six weeks”.

The 2021 graduation ceremonies were postponed last year due to uncertainties surrounding Covid-19, and a virtual celebration of the class of 2021 was held instead. 

The university stated that it was “too much of a risk to plan for a graduation ceremony session in July 2021”, however, this decision was met with animosity from students.

This original email referenced a survey that had previously been sent out asking graduates whether they would attend a rescheduled ceremony.

Graduates were also informed that their “responses very much help to inform our planning”, and the ceremonies have thus been rescheduled for this summer.

Related articles recommended by this writer