Lancaster University announce details for 2021 exams

Undergraduate students won’t have more than one exam within a 24 hour period

Following the government’s request that university students delay their return to campus after Christmas, the Lent term’s in-person teaching plans changed as many students had to continue their studies remotely.

Professor Steve Bradley, Deputy Vice-Chancellor, has outlined new arrangements for students’ return to campus, asymptomatic testing and examinations in the summer.

Returning to campus

On the 14th of January, universities received further guidance regarding on-campus studies. The new return schedule includes advice for postgraduate researchers and undergraduate and taught masters students. However, students are urged not to travel to access university facilities until they need to return for face-to-face teaching.

Advice differs depending on the department, but in most cases, students should either return for COVID-19 testing from week beginning 15th of February or the following week beginning 22nd of February.

Summer term exams

A full timetable for Summer term examinations is due to be published on Friday the 26th of February.

Undergraduate examinations will take place remotely for Part I and Part II students. However, medicine students will still have to take some exams in person. Departments will make students aware of the type of exam used in each module and offer support on how to complete these assessments. All resit examinations will take the same format as the first-sit examinations.

Undergraduate students will not have more than one examination in a 24 hour period.

Part II exams will begin on the 24th of May and Part I exams from the 14th of June. Both Part I and Part II exams will finish on the 25th of June. Exam board assessments will occur from the week beginning July 5th, and provisional results for exams will be released on the 12th of July.

More information can be found on the student portal.

Related articles recommended by this writer:

Here’s how to stay motivated and actually do some uni work this term

Lancaster University researchers develop nasal spray COVID-19 vaccine

LUSU’s VP education announces resignation