Breaking News

LUSU’s VP Education announces resignation

The role will remain unfilled for the remainder of the academic year

Lancaster University Students’ Union’s Vice-President Education, Bee Morgan, has announced her resignation, effective 5th February.

Morgan was reelected to serve a second term on the Full-Time Officer team in Lent Term last year, with a key aspect of her manifesto being that FTOs rarely are in office for two academic years.

In a statement released on the Students’ Union website, Morgan said: “I am really sad to announce that as of the 5th of February, I will no longer be doing the job I love and working for Lancaster University Students’ Union as your Vice President Education.

“I’ve been offered an amazing role as part of the Government Office for Science on their Graduate programme. I previously turned down a job to stay on as your Officer, and in the current climate, I can’t afford to refuse this opportunity. I’m going to be leaving at the last possible moment that I can but this doesn’t make leaving any easier, I’m going to wholeheartedly miss working for and with you terribly.”

Responding to possible concerns regarding the VP Education resigning during a year with academic pressures brought on by the Covid-19 pandemic, Morgan said: “The FTO Team have decided together that they’re happy to take on the responsibilities of VP Education for the rest of the year collectively, with Atree [VP Union Development] taking on the majority of the University aspects; Amy [VP Welfare], Equality, Diversity and Inclusion; and then a joint effort to lead the Academic Rep scheme.”

Bee Morgan’s full resignation statement can be found here.

Featured image credit: LUSU Full-Time Officers’ Facebook.