Lancaster On Ice has been cancelled for 2020

So no Yorkshire pudding wrap stall?? Devastated

Lancaster On Ice, the beloved Christmas markets and popular ice rink that sets up in the city centre every Christmas, will not be returning to Lancaster city centre in 2020.

In a statement shared to Facebook, Lancaster on Ice said: “It is with extremely heavy hearts that we are announcing that Lancaster On Ice will not take place in 2020.” They confirmed that the cancellation includes the Tipi, The Big Wheel and the Christmas Market stalls.

Tara, a final year Lancaster university student said the cancellation was upsetting: “By this point I’m so used to feeling festive in Lancaster because of the markets and the ice rink, it’s really weird that it won’t be here this year. Christmas is basically cancelled.”

Lancaster On Ice continues: “The safety and security of the city we love means it is not appropriate to have such a large scale event in such uncertain times.”
They describe feeling “truly devastated” due to having “invested so heavily emotionally, physically and financially into this amazing seasonal experience but we hope that next year things will have settled down and we will be back bigger than ever.”