Sultans to reopen this FRIDAY

‘We hope it lifts the mood for everyone during these tough times’

The Sultan of Lancaster, a favourite on-campus takeaway amongst students, has announced that it is planning to reopen on Friday 1st May.

The takeaway had ceased operations on campus in line with government advice that recommended restaurants close as a result of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. Announcing their closure in a statement, Sultans said: “It is with a heavy heart that the management of Sultans have had to take the decision of temporarily closing the store until further notice. This is not a decision we are taking lightly, but one made with the well-being and safety of our lovely customer and our hard-working employees [in mind].”

However, students whom have remained on campus need not fear, as Sultans have confirmed their return. Whilst they will be adhering to social distancing rules, The Tab Lancaster has been contacted by the takeaway: “Hey guys, hope you’re well and safe. We’re opening on Friday!”

This comes as welcome relief to those students whom have remained on the university premises for one reason or another, as they’ll be able to get their fix of their favourite takeaway once more.

The Sultan of Lancaster’s full statement on the situation: “On Friday 1st May we’ll be opening Sultans for takeaway and delivery.

We’re reopening Sultans in a responsible way, with strong guidelines and hygiene measures in place. We’ll be serving a limited menu to help the kitchen staff maintain social distancing. Opening Sultans will mean that we can continue donating food to the NHS and key workers. We hope it lifts the mood for everyone during these tough times.”