LUSU Living announce rebate for third term rent amid pandemic lockdown

The rebate affects all households, even those in occupation

The Students’ Union affiliated estate agents, LUSU Living, have announced to tenants that they will receive a rebate on rent that has been paid for third term. This comes as hundreds of students have pledged to strike their rent payments amid the national lockdown, and Lancaster University have decided to reduce on campus accommodation fees.

In an email shared with tenants, LUSU Living explain: “As you know Living have been working with our property owners during the vacation to ensure all our tenants get a rent rebate reflecting the current situation. This has been a positive process which will enable us to calculate the rebate as soon as term 3 rents have been received and processed this week.”

LUSU Living also add: “We want to be fair to all our shared households so everyone will get the same rebate once rents have been paid – regardless of whether you or your household are in occupation or not.”

One tenant renting with LUSU Living told The Tab Lancaster: “I’m happy with it, to be honest. I worried that being in occupation of my uni house with my flat mates at home would see them receiving rebates, and myself having to pay the full amount. Its an incredibly fair decision and I’m glad they have come to it.”

Related articles recommended by this writer: