Image may contain: Beer, Alcohol, Accessories, Glasses, Accessory, Human, Person, Milkshake, Juice, Drink, Smoothie, Beverage, Milk

We tried the smoothies at Juicafe and decided it is THE best place on campus

Champion, you are a smooth talker x

Juicafe is the go-to place for smoothies, milkshakes, coffees and hot chocolates on campus. It is next to Greggs in Alexandra Square. You may not have noticed it behind the long line for Greggs, but Juicafe is a hidden gem and we are here to give it the recognition it deserves. It's independently run and it won the British Smoothie Championships in 2014 and runner up in 2010, 2011 and 2013.

Image may contain: Text, Shop, Door, Person, Human

Berry Beautiful

Image may contain: Milkshake, Milk, Human, Person, Smoothie, Beverage, Drink, Juice

This smoothie has a rich plum colour, and as it doesn't contain banana it isn't very thick and is very bitty. For those with a sweet tooth, this is the smoothie for you.

Ingredients: Raspberries, blueberries, strawberries and cranberry juice.

Appearance: 9/10

Smoothness: 5/10

Sweetness: 9/10

Vibes: 9/10

Thickness: 5/10

Eleanor's overall rating: 8/10

Victoria's overall rating: 10/10

Champion Smoothie

Image may contain: Alcohol, Beer, Smoothie, Drink, Juice, Beverage

This smoothie has a very pretty peach colour. It's a smooth-talker, the smoothest of all the smoothies. It's the go-to smoothie, very refreshing and sweet.

Ingredients: Peach, mango, banana and cranberry juice

Appearance: 7/10

Smoothness: 10/10

Sweetness: 6/10

Vibes: 9/10

Thickness: 8/10

Eleanor's overall rating: 9/10

Victoria's overall rating: 8/10

Purple Paradise

Image may contain: Smoothie, Milkshake, Milk, Beverage, Juice, Drink

This smoothie definitely lives up to its name. It's very aesthetically pleasing and is the bittiest of them all. There's a slight tanginess to this smoothie which gives it good vibes only.

Ingredients: Passionfruit, blueberry, strawberry, cranberry juice

Appearance: 9/10

Smoothness: 4/10

Sweetness: 7/10

Vibes: 8/10

Thickness: 5/10

Eleanor's overall rating: 7/10

Victoria's overall rating: 8/10

Razzle Dazzle

Image may contain: Milkshake, Milk, Smoothie, Juice, Beverage, Drink

With a strong taste of orange juice, this would be a great breakfast smoothie. It's very fruity, smooth and sweet. If you love red fruits, this is the one for you.

Ingredients: Raspberry, strawberry, banana and orange juice

Appearance: 9/10

Smoothness: 9/10

Sweetness: 8/10

Vibes: 8/10

Thickness: 7/10

Eleanor's overall rating: 8/10

Victoria's overall rating: 7/10

Sunshine Smoothie

Image may contain: Person, Human, Milk, Milkshake, Smoothie, Drink, Beverage, Juice

This smoothie is the clear favourite, scoring the highest overall. With an exotic range of fruits, it truly has the best combination of flavours. It's an all-round good smoothie, you can't go wrong.

Ingredients: Strawberry, banana, peach, mango and orange juice

Appearance: 9/10

Smoothness: 9/10

Sweetness: 8/10

Vibes: 9/10

Thickness: 10/10

Eleanor's overall rating: 10/10

Victoria's overall rating: 9/10

Dare to Pear

Image may contain: Person, Human, Food, Milk, Milkshake, Smoothie, Drink, Juice, Beverage

This smoothie has an acquired taste and it's not for everyone. But if you want to be adventurous with your smoothies, you should dare to try the Dare to pear. Don't be put off by the appearance of this smoothie, it doesn't look the best but it tastes great.

Ingredients: Avocado, banana, mango, pear juice

Appearance: 5/10

Smoothness: 6/10

Sweetness: 7/10

Vibes: 6/10

Thickness: 9/10

Eleanor's overall rating: 7/10

Victoria's overall rating: 5/10

Apple Tastic

Image may contain: Milk, Milkshake, Smoothie, Beverage, Juice, Drink

Complete waste of money, you might as well buy a carton of apple juice because that would be cheaper and wouldn't taste like bitty juice. Would not recommend this one. But if you really like apples, this one is for you. Apple tastic, you weren't that fantastic.

Ingredients: Strawberries, raspberries and apple juice

Appearance: 7/10

Smoothness: 5/10

Sweetness: 7/10

Vibes: 4/10

Thickness: 2/10

Eleanor's overall rating: 4/10

Victoria's overall rating: 3/10

Cherry Shakewell

Image may contain: Person, Human, Milkshake, Milk, Smoothie, Juice, Beverage, Drink

As the name suggests, this one tastes like the smoothie version of a cherry bakewell tart. The cherry flavour is not too overbearing but it is just enough. You can mainly taste the banana with an after taste of cherry.

Ingredients: Cherry, coconut syrup, mango, banana, apple juice and cranberry juice

Appearance: 7/10

Smoothness: 7/10

Sweetness: 8/10

Vibes: 6/10

Thickness: 5/10

Eleanor's overall rating: 7/10

Victoria's overall rating: 7/10

Juicafe is very underrated and deserves more love. Next time you walk through Alexandra Square to go to Spar or are coming back from a lecture, definitely go and try a smoothie at Juicafe. You won't be disappointed! It is the best place on campus.