Image may contain: Purple, Night Life, Face, Female, Night Club, Clothing, Apparel, Club, Party, Person, Human

These are the songs you will definitely hear at every Lancs’ pre-drinks

From classic indie hits to feminist anthems, you can’t really go wrong

Lancaster Uni prides itself on its diversity, and so it should. But one of the uniting similarities between most of the students here are the songs which we listen to at pre-drinks.

The soundtrack to many of our bad decisions covers a wide variety of genres, themes, moods, and level-of-intoxication-required-to-enjoy.

Obviously, it would be impossible to include all the songs from every Lancs students' Spotify playlists, but these are just three categories which pop up more often than not.

The classic Indie hit

Image may contain: Photography, Portrait, Photo, Night Life, Female, Bar Counter, Pub, Clothing, Apparel, Smile, Night Club, Face, Club, Party, Human, Person

Although I am sure the Indie Soc would agree that most of these songs probably aren’t as alternative as others, they definitely serve an important role in a classic Lancaster pres.

They may be overplayed in some indie clubs at our home towns, but this just makes us more excited. What better way to remember the collection of questionable things we did at home than to listen to "Charlemagne" while we get ready to add to that number here in Lancaster?

My Number – Foals

You’re in Love with a Psycho – Kasabian

Charlemagne – Blossoms

Kathleen – Catfish and the Bottlemen

All My Friends are Falling in Love – The Vaccines

Fluorescent Adolescent – Arctic Monkeys

Come on Eileen – Dexys Midnights Runners

The Less I Know The Better – Tame Impala

The mid-teens throwback

Some cheesy hits only serve the purpose of reminding us of year 11 house parties. 2015 may have been a year where we made some bad clothing decisions, dyed our hair with one too many box hair dyes from Boots, and felt hard done by for having to pick four A-Levels.

At least it did leave us with some classic nostalgic hits which we can listen to whilst we regret how we definitely didn’t appreciate how easy GCSE’s were.

All My Friends – (feat. Tinashe and Chance the Rapper)

Uptown Funk – Mark Ronson, Bruno Mars

Worth it – Fifth Harmony

Can’t Feel My Face – The Weeknd

Drunk in Love – Beyoncé

In2 – WSTRN

Feminist anthems

Image may contain: Clothing, Apparel, Night Club, Club, Human, Person

Feminist anthems are great if someone in your house has just gone through a messy breakup. Crank up the Cardi B and Taylor Swift and get all the crying out in the kitchen over a game of Ring of Fire (Camila Cabello would not be proud if you let them out in the club).

And for everyone who isn’t going through relationship drama, being told "Everyday is payday" by Fifth Harmony when you’re currently deep into your Santander overdraft can make you feel like a bad bitch for at least two minutes and 50 seconds:

Literally any Cardi B song

Crying in the Club – Camila Cabello

Bo$$ – Fifth Harmony

Shout Out to My Ex – Little Mix

Is that it?

Of course, there are hundreds more songs that you will be able to hear faintly serenading you as walk past any accommodation late on a Friday night, but these three categories form the fundamentals for a standard lancs' pre-drinks experience. Bottoms up!