Everyone’s favourite football club returns from suspension

County FC are back

Following their suspension last term, County FC are back.

After acts of misconduct at various campus bars in November, individual team meetings were held within the club to address the issue as the team captains explained the importance of stamping out bad behaviour and improving the reputation of the club.

The ban has now been lifted, much to the relief of many of the team’s players, including club captain Jack Edwards, who said: “We’ve had a massive task getting this ban lifted.”

CCFC wingman social

They were originally banned because of their actions on a traditional Wingman social, a nod to the film Top Gun, which involved players pairing up and buying each other drinks at each bar on campus.

Things turned sour at Lonsdale bar, where the club received its marching orders due to some of the players drinking directly out of bar taps, as well as causing them to overflow.

Further reports were filed against them for an incident occurring outside Fylde bar, where the team had their usual group photo, after one of the benches was vandalised.

Other clubs took the opportunity to poke fun at CCFC, including Grizedale College, who referred to them as: “Frankly embarrassing”.

Sober, probably

Football matches across all of County’s four teams were postponed last term, due to the County FC exec working to get the ban lifted. Although the club are now back to playing again this term, some of their squad have been suspended until next year due to their roles in the events at the Red Lion.

At the beginning of this term, CCFC were told that the culture within the club needed changing. So the question is… when’s the next social?