Get out of the library: Best places to revise on campus

Live a little

Are you a first year trying to find a place to revise? Or are you a part two student and arrived at your favourite place only to find an early bird fresher has beaten you to it?

Don’t bother searching around for a spot in the overcrowded library during the day, ain’t nobody got time for that. Instead use this guide instead of your own initiative and find somewhere better.

Rumour has it that library spaces are now rarer than intelligent UCUM students…

College Study Rooms

Instead of heading to the big library, just stay closer to homes and set up in your college study room.

They’re comfortable, quiet, and almost always empty, plus they don’t have anywhere near as many rules as the library. The perfect place to get your teeth stuck into that steak bake you got from Gregg’s.

Bowland off-campus room – sofas?!

Common Rooms

You’d be forgiven for assuming college common rooms would be permanently packed. After all, they’re shown to everyone in freshers’ week. But around exam period, everyone seems to vacate them in favour of the more common working areas, leaving them empty and great for revision. There are even pool tables and dart boards in most; what better way to take a revision break and de-stress?

Fylde Common Room is often littered with freebies, from folders to food

Bowland North Seminar Rooms

These rooms have only just been opened up for students to work in for this term, but if you arrive early enough to find an empty one you’ll very rarely be disturbed. Just sit near the door and glare menacingly whenever someone walks in.

Eye-contact has a weird habit of dissuading people from encroaching on your little revision bubble.

Your room

Provided you don’t have noisy neighbours, and the lure of your bed isn’t too strong, then your room may be just as good a place as anywhere to revise.

You don’t even have to get dressed

Tidying your room isn’t procrastination… right?

Anywhere at night

There’s one way to find space in the popular working areas, and that is by becoming nocturnal. Sleep during the day and arrive at the library at night and you’ll be greeted with an array of seating choices.

It’s a lonely life, but it has to be done.