There’s a Chemistry lecturer called Professor Snape at UCLan

He doesn’t teach Defence Against The Dark Arts

Harry Potter Professor Severus Snape UCLAN

Timothy J. Snape is a senior lecturer in Chemistry at UCLan and, much like old Severus, is an enthusiast of potions and mysterious substances.

Unlike his famous counterpart however, UCLan’s Professor Snape is a lecturer in Medicinal Chemistry and it currently researching within the area of Pharmacy and Biomedical Sciences.

tim_snape

His academic journey has seen him study at prestigious universities such as Nottingham, Liverpool and Manchester. But not Hogwarts.

Snape has co-author of over 50 published articles, one of his most thrilling titles being: “Synthetic oligoureas of metaphenylenediamine mimic host defence peptides in their antimicrobial behaviour.”

Professor Snape said: “At the start of the new academic year I am asked by the new students a couple of times a week if I am a professor and if I have watched the Harry Potter films.

“Sadly, I haven’t seen any of the films, but I am all too aware of the Professor Snape character – I even get students sniggering as they pass the name on my office door.

“That said, as a Chemistry lecturer, it gives me a certain distinctiveness I suppose.”