What’s the worst thing you’ve ever shot?

Drinking game strong

Absinthe alcohol Shots Tequila Vodka Worst

Getting drunk quickly and efficiently – that’s the aim with shots. And you’re a liar if you say you enjoy the taste.

So which is it – flavoured vodka, jägerbombs, tequila, rum? These are all well and good, but whats a mere 40% alcohol content against a 70% home-brew or 90% absinthe?

Yeah, you heard right. These people are partying harder than you.

Ракия (Rakia)

I know what your thinking – definitely looks like someone has relieved themselves into a bottle.

But Law student Domenik Kaludov argues that this stuff is the real McCoy. “Taking a shot of it is like an explosion in your mouth,” he muses, turning the suspicious looking plastic bottle in his hands.

“It’s strong but it still has flavour… definitely not for the weak of heart.”

The 50% alcohol content made Biomed fresher Tom Roach disagree.

He says: “It feels like drinking Satan’s piss.”

Kah Tequila

This is one I’ve tried personally. How can I describe it? Imagine the hangover after a night of normal tequila – times that pain by 10, and you have this monstrosity.

Direct from Mexico and available to buy online for around £55, this ceramic skull-of-doom has a wonderful 55% alcohol content.

Juárez Cartel would approve…

Homemade Slivovica

Yes, that is a sticky label. Good sign? Probably not, but History student Jack Cartwright is sensible enough to know the consequences of drinking too much of this.

Jack says: “It was given to me as an 18th birthday present. I labelled it so that my flatmates wouldn’t die if they decided to have a gulp.

“When you initially have a drink of it, it tastes very very strong, but doesn’t have a bad aftertaste… definitely made my eye sight worse though.”

Gift or curse? I’ll let you decide.

Absinthion (Absinthe)

You’ve heard the stories, but have you ever met the ‘Green Fairy’ in person? I highly recommend you don’t.

Here are my reasons: it’s 90% pure alcohol and the burn is something you have never experienced before. Let’s face it, it’s pretty much one step down from ethanol, and the effect is almost instant.

Let’s face it – these drinks must not be taken lightly. My tip is never, ever all at once (unless you have a death wish).