Got more mates than the other medics? You’re getting your flu jab first

The Lancaster research team have linked ‘connected’ people to the spread of disease

Take your heads out of your books and towards those beer bongs all you aspiring doctors because it’s true when they say it’s not what you know it’s who you know.

A study in The Lancet claims that prioritising medical students with lots of friends for flu jabs would help increase the number of health workers protected against the virus.

Imagine all the disease in here

Over 200 medics at Lancaster University gave the researchers information on how friendly they are with other students and how much time they spent together.

Our medics were required to basically rate their skills as a social butterfly in a survey with a prize of a stab in the arm.

Medicine first year Sarah Greener defended the findings. She said: “Basically medical students are in contact with a lot of people who are very ill and they sort of over time build up their immune systems.

“But they carry the virus so they pass it on to their friends. The really sociable ones pass it on more if that makes sense.

“So if you get jabbed you don’t carry it.”

But another Business first year said: “That’s weird.”

Do you feel popular right now

So not only to Medicine students have to do more work than the rest of us lying in until 2pm, they also inexplicably have such vast social circles that they actually have to get vaccinated for fear of causing the next pandemic.

Inadequacy isn’t even strong enough to describe the rest of LU.