KU closes School of Surveying and Planning… then prepares to blow £30m on building

So long School of Surveying and Planning, hello multi-million quid building

construction kingston uni Kingston uni students school of surveying and planning Town House

Kingston university have released details of their plans to spend £30 million a new building on Penrhyn campus.

The build comes just months after KU announced the closure  of the School of Surveying and Planning to due to a lack of funding… awkward.

KU describe the building as a place providing ‘a warm welcome to the local community and visitors from further afield’, – as long as they’re not a surveying and planning student.

new buildd

So pretty and happy and welcoming and lovely

The multi-million pound creation aims to be the mother of all things eco and pretty, in place of the significantly drab Town House. The infamous Town House is a temporary building that outstayed it’s welcome on the campus, much like the School of Surveying and Planning.

Clarissa Wilks, Dean of Learning and Teaching, said Kingston University was “lacking a space to be proud of”.Poor FADA.

IMG_0013-530x283

Down with the Town House

While there’s no home of the School of Surveying and Planning, the new building proposes to be a ‘permanent home for collections and special archive’.

New prospects for Town House

New prospects for Town House

The uni have posted an ad seeking applicants to construct the million dollar mother, and have detailed that the successful applicant will need to combine ‘excellent design and sustainability credential to achieve a minimum requirement of BREEAM Excellent’. It’s a shame they don’t have the same aspirations for the KU WiFi.

IMG_0059-540x329

The Tab’s attempt at an architectural design for the new building…