King’s Vice President addresses the student community in video statement

Professor Funmi Olonisakin urged students to stay safe

Professor Funmi Olonisakin, Vice President and Vice-Principal International at King’s College London, released a video statement on Twitter addressing King’s students and staff during the CoVid-19 pandemic.

She opened with a message for the students, saying, “…wherever you are in the world, please know that we are here, and we are thinking of you all.” She additionally offered her sympathies to those in quarantine or self-isolating.

Professor Olonisakin further reassured students still residing in King’s residences that the institution will continue to “care for you, support you, and look after you.”

Moreover, she urged students across the globe to update themselves on travel restrictions, and take heed of government guidance. Students were requested to check their King’s email regularly for further updates and access the King’s Coronavirus webpage for additional information or assistance.

This webpage can be found at www.kcl.ac.uk/coronavirus.

She concluded by urging the student community to be safe during this trying time, adding “…here at King’s, we wish you and your loved ones well.”

Professor Olonisakin’s video statement can be found below: