Dover Castle has closed due to COVID-19 and now is an appropriate time to cry

Alexa, play Mr Brightside

Dover Castle pub has shut for the foreseeable future.

They announced their closure on Instagram saying they have decided to close up ‘for now’ as a result of ‘advice fro the government regarding social distancing and self-isolation’.

‘The day we thought we’d never see has come. Due to the ongoing spread of COVID-19 we have decided to close up FOR NOW.’

‘This is following the advice from the government regarding social distancing and self-isolation. We feel it would be irresponsible to put our amazing staff and clientele at any unnecessary risk.’

‘Hopefully this will all blow over soon and we will all be back to sucking down VKs on a Wednesday night, but until then stay safe everyone.’

‘Thank you everybody for your support over the years and all of the brilliant nights we have shared so far. Dover loves you all, see you soon x’

King’s announced last week that they were cancelling all events over 50 people which includes sports night at the Vault and Guys’ Bar. Now that Dover Castle has closed, there are few places remaining for King’s students to socialise.

At least the fact that we’re not missing out on Dover Castle makes social distancing hurt a little less.