King’s is officially the best university in the world for Dentistry

We also came in 2nd globally for nursing

The new QS World University Rankings have been released and King’s is topping the charts for dentistry.

With an overall score of 89.5, King’s managed to swoop up especially high scores in the research categories, with the university being described by QS as having “an outstanding reputation for world-class teaching and cutting-edge research.”

In previous years King’s has come in second for Dentistry, but this is the first year that the university has managed to bag the coveted top spot.

Runners up include the ACTA in Amsterdam and the University of Michigan-Ann Arbor. UCL came in at a respectable 16th, but couldn’t make it anywhere near King’s first place.

King’s scored even higher for Nursing, with a total of 94 (making it the best in the UK), but was just beat by the University of Pennsylvania with a score of 95.3.

This is the second year running that King’s has come in second place for nursing, after a rise from #5 in 2018. Hopefully next year it’ll push that little bit further to reach first place.

Out of UK universities, King’s had some further successes, coming in the national top 5 for:

• History (4th)
  • Politics (4th)
  • Law and Legal Studies (4th)
  • Psychology (4th)
  • Communications and Media (4th)
  • Modern Languages (5th)
  • English Language and Literature (5th)
  • Education and Training (5th)
  • Anatomy and Physiology (5th)