Image may contain: Coat, Housing, Condo, Apartment Building, Boat, High Rise, Town, Urban, City, Transportation, Car, Vehicle, Automobile, Building, Clothing, Apparel, Helmet, Human, Person

LSE student evacuated from halls in coronavirus scare

Two cases have been confirmed in the UK

An LSE student was urgently removed from her student accommodation in Bankside last night amid fears that she had contracted coronavirus.

The masked woman, thought to be an international student from China, was filmed being escorted out of halls by paramedics in hazmat suits at around 9pm.

This comes amidst mounting worry that the deadly virus has reached UK universities, after a similar incident at Bristol University occurred earlier the same evening.

This morning two cases of coronavirus were confirmed to be in the U.K.

A spokesman for Bristol University confirmed that “a student with flu-like symptoms has been taken to hospital as a precaution”, adding they are “working closely with Public Health England (PHE) and will continue to monitor the situation”.

Sources have said the LSE student was later returned to her student accommodation after hospital tests came back negative.

BBC News reported this morning that there are two confirmed cases of coronavirus currently in the United Kingdom, and as many as 10,000 cases worldwide. The patients are understood to be from the same family in Newcastle.