Image may contain: Face, Human, Person

Introducing Prince Mateen: King’s grad and one of the most eligible bachelors in the world

He’s tenth in line for the throne of Brunei

According to Tatler, Prince Mateen of Brunei, 27, is one of the six most eligible bachelors in the world right now.

Matten isn’t just up for treating his 730,000 Instagram followers to topless photoshoots in the pool, but he also earned a degree in International Politics from King’s College London.

This news could reassure us all of the recognition that awaits us all after three years of doing (almost) all our readings and never (ever) skipping a 9am lecture. However, it also turns out that to make an appearance on Tatler's list, you need to have quite a few drops of royal blood in you.

Mateen is one of Sultan Hassanal Bolkiah’s 12 children, putting him tenth in line to the throne. His father has a net worth of $20 million (£15 million), but according to this GQ Thailand profile of him, he remains "a grounded man who doesn't like to flaunt his wealth."

He's is a proud sportsman and part of Brunei’s Polo team, participating in competitions such as the 2017 Southeast Asian Games. He's also a qualified helicopter pilot.

After completing his undergraduate degree at King's, he did a Masters in International Studies and Diplomacy at SOAS.

The young royal went to the Royal Military Academy Sandhurst. He earned the title of Second Lieutenant before attending King’s. His Instagram has the perfect balance of smouldering in suits, smouldering clad in a bulletproof vest and the most important: Smouldering shirtless.

When asked about his ideal princess, Mateen told GQ Thailand: "Well, in just a few words I would say someone who is in genuine and real. Someone who is very simple, that’s what I like."

Now we know that we didn’t just miss visits from Kate and Meghan, but we have a royal amongst our alumni and might not have known.