Five Places near Strand you probably haven’t eaten at

There’s more to life than Pret

Okay let's face it, the best part of strand is its proximity to all of London’s staple food outlets – Pret, Eat, Starbucks, Leon, Wasabi. You name it, we got it. But lets get real, we’ve all had a day where our inner foodie craved spontaneity and adventure. So without further ado, here it is folks, your local hipster eateries in the heart of strand revealed!

Mamies

Image may contain: Meal, Breakfast, Toast, French Toast, Food, Bread, Cup

Mamies is a Parisian créperie that specialises Galette’s. Galette’s are made of buckwheat flour and are known as crêpes’ savoury cousin (they’re super healthy too). Tuck into all kinds of sweet crêpes afterwards and for those wrapping up their day of hard work, wash it all down with traditional French cider.

Time to walk: 7 minutes

19 Catherine St, London WC2B 5JS

Birley

Image may contain: Sandwich, Food

Although the chain is commonly known to most Londoners, the strand branch happens to be hidden on Essex street. For those who have yet to visit the famous deli, their ever-changing menu spans far and wide. For those on a carb free mission this new year, Birley also provides made-to-order salads and soups of the day!

Time to walk: 5 minutes

1-6 Essex St, London WC2R 3HU

Drury

Image may contain: Pie, Dessert, Cake, Meal, Food, Breakfast, Cup, Rust

Tucked away on Drury Lane, the hole in the wall eatery is known for its delicious and rather healthy breakfast and baked goods. A fresh alternative to commercial cafés, Drury also boasts its in-house coffee that’s sure to keep you from passing out during your lectures.

Time to walk: 8 minutes

188-189 Drury Ln, London WC2B 5QD

Bronte

Image may contain: Balcony, Chair, Bench, Vehicle, Transportation, Bus, Table, Furniture, Dining Table, Cafe, Restaurant, Vase, Pottery, Potted Plant, Plant, Jar, Flora

If you want an upgrade from wasabi, Bronte is sure to satisfy all sushi lovers' desires and dubs as a bar and café. The quirky venue also cooks up pan Asian twists for breakfast, lunch and dinner that range from smashed avocado toasts to bao buns. The sashimi pizzas are perfect for sharing (between you and yourself).

Time to walk: 13 minutes

The Grand Building, 1-3 Strand, London WC2N 5EJ

Frenchie

Nestled on Henrietta Street between The Real McCoy’s and Flat Iron, Frenchie is perfect for a "treat yo’self" kind of meal. The menu echoes its cousin’s from the Rue du Nil in Paris. Choose from a variety of set menus or delve into their á la carte menu for any of their other classic attractions. The warehouse look gives the restaurant and its menu an industrial chic sort of vibe!

Time to walk: 11 minutes

16 Henrietta St, London WC2E 8QH