BREAKING: Police are investigating theft at Strand campus

IT outrages trending at King’s

Last night, Computer Science students received an email informing them that there had been an "extremely serious theft" of physical disks from the server room at Strand.

This comes after a series of problems with King's IT including last years' system crash. Staff were offered counselling and prayers for work they had lost during the October crash. Almost every system was down from library services, payroll and shared drive access and assessment deadlines were extended.

A spokesperson for King’s said:

“Following the incident which took place yesterday, our IT teams are working hard to resolve issues affecting some NMS staff and students and have already initiated the backup recovery process to restore lost data.

“While some lessons may be affected, NMS students should check with their department office or tutor as some teaching may still proceed.

“The incident has been reported to the police and we are working closely with them. As this is now the subject of a police investigation, we cannot provide any further comment at this stage.”

Featured image by Sunnii-Elle Peifer-Stafford