‘No likey, no lighty!’ What happened at KCL’s Take Me Out

‘I’ll be surprised if I don’t get all 30 lights’

Imagine you’re flicking through the channels on telly one evening and you see the ITV show ‘Take Me Out’. You sit there and have a good cackle at the desperate guys trying to get a date. Get rid of the TV set and instead take a theatre stage, 25 KCL sports gals, eight sports lads and a rowdy audience and you’ll get KCL’s Take Me Out.

Each lad had three rounds to go through to get a date; talent, friend’s videos, and if lights were still beaming for him, a question round. It was a night of humorous talents and intimate secrets, from dancing to half-naked tutus and fixed card games; tbh the amount of drunk shitting stories revealed was not healthy.

We have to say thank you to all of the contestants for getting drunk and embarrassing themselves in the name of charity; for the past three years RAG have organised the GKT sports teams have run this charity version of the famous British show, but this year was the first time they tried to involve Strandies from KCL.

Chosen from teams of waterpolo, lacrosse, classic ruggers, hockey, football and dance – the different lads were greeted by girls from netball, lacrosse, swimming, hockey, rowing and cheer for a date including a free curry; both boys and girls were picked and ‘strongly encouraged’ to take part… but free curry is a fair bribe.

The RAG Widening Participation officer Madeline Rolfe (pictured above) wanted, “to get the KCL students engaged in the RAG events and contribute to our fundraising goal of £100,000. Every year the GKT Take Me Out is the most anticipated RAG event, and I was determined to bring the event to the Strand.”

Yet sports girls weren’t the only ones to take part. Girls from Philosophy, Psychology, Physics and Law entered too.

“I met so many lovely GKT girls who I wouldn’t have normally come in contact with, just by doing the show. When you’re getting ready, everyone is so nervous and excited together!”

But now… single man… REVEAL YOURSELF!

Alex, Host

Paddy

What kind of girl do you think will leave their light on for you?

A: Hopefully one that plays a few games, maybe a bit of COD

Harry

Why would a girl turn their light out in your round?

A: I play rugby so maybe my oddly shaped balls (Mark Corrogan)

Ali

A: Because they should have gone to Specsavers

Cameron

How do you think you’ll do?

A: Depends on my mates’ video, they can be pricks

Malcolm

A: One with impeccable taste

Joe W

How do you think you’ll do?

A: Fucking amazing. I’ll be surprised if I don’t get all 30

Gus

What kind of girl are you looking for?

A: Pure filth

Joe F

What kind of girl are you looking for?

A: Girl, I thought this was pointless?! Okay, maybe someone who’s quick to put a ring on it

The charities supported are the Queen Elizabeth Foundation, Guy’s Cancer Centre, Evelina Children’s Hospital and Build with Nepal.