King’s placed in top 25 global University Employability rankings

Workin’ 9-5 will be a doddle

King’s College London students stressing about their future prospects and going home to mummy and daddy without a job will be breathing a huge sigh of relief following the recent publication of the University Employability rankings for 2016.

According to the prestigious Times Higher Education rankings, KCL has been ranked an impressive 23rd for employability.

The global rankings spanned over 150 universities in 34 different countries, such as the UK, Germany, France, Switzerland and the United States of America.

In terms of our nearest rivals, KCL are towering high above the likes of LSE  who placed 45th, and UCL who came in 48th.

We have also landed above the likes of the University of Manchester who ranked one place above us at 24th, Edinburgh and Bristol.

The data was carried out after gathering information drawn from 2,500 recruitment managers from large international companies.

The research suggests that the skills that are most highly valued in an individual are communication skills, motivation and the ability to work in a team above the other non-academic skills graduates may possess.

Employers appear to be less focused on such skills as adaptability, flexibility and multicultural sensitivity and awareness.